September 28, 2008

My Trip to Doi Pha Hom Pok, Thailand


Doi Pha Hom Pok (Pha Hom Pok Mountaian) situated in Chaing Mai as this mountain is the second highest mountain in Thailand.

I started my trip to Doi Pha Hom Pok from the city center of Chang Mai driving my Honda Civic 04 about 160 kilometers from the city center and then i arrived at Fang District. At first, my plan is to drive my Honda Civic to the top of the mountain but when i asked the local people they told me that you can't drive this car to the top of Doi Pha Hom Pok because the road to the top of mountain is very high and slove.

Then, i park my Honda Civic at the Mae Fang Natural Park and hire 4wd truck to take me and my friends to the top of this Mountain (there're many 4wd truck available for hire at the Mae Fang Natural Park). About 1 hour from Mae Fang Naturak Park, i arrived at the camping area of Doi Pha Hom Pok as the weather here is great but quite cold for me (However i like this kind of weather). I could sleep for now because i must walk up at 3 Am in order to trekking to the top of Doi Pha Hom Pok to see the beautiful sunrise in the morning.
On the the next day, i woke up at 3.30 Am which is litte bit late because many travellers already start their journey to the top of Pha Hom Pok, therfore, we have to start our journey by ourselves. The road to the top of mountain is very cold and dark that we can't see anything and when we walk about 90 minutes the battery of the spotlight is now empty (Oh my God). For Now, we can't see anything and nobody walking around, it's looking we lost in a jungle.


Fortunately, i still have my sony ericsson k750 as i use it little camera light to show me the way. At this time, i start to shout in order to ask anybody for help and then i hear the sound of people who already arrive at the top of Doi Pha Hom Pok. Surely, i follow that sound and finally i arrived at the top of Doi Pha Hom Pok (approximately 3 hours from the camping area.) At the Top, i can see the most beautiful sunrise that i've ever seen in my life and the weather at the top is colder than camping area. I feel like i want to stay here all day because the viewpoint is very fantastic for me.

0 comments:

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com